Their only words were, ‘Jesus help me’: Pope condemns ISIS execution of 21 Christians for their faith and says ‘martyrs’ blood confesses Christ’
- Pope Francis condemns beheading of 21 Coptic Christian Egyptians in Libya by ISIS militants
- Egyptian and Libyan warplanes struck Islamic State bases and weapons depots near the Libyan city of Derna
- Airstrikes were in retaliation for the brutal beheadings, carries out in a sickening filmed massacre
- Men paraded by their masked killers in propaganda film which showed blood washing into Mediterranean Sea
- Egyptian government last night vowed to ‘avenge the bloodshed and to seek retribution from the killers’
- Libyan Air Force chief Saqr al-Jaroushi said nation must defend its children and air strikes killed 50 people
The religious leader’s unscheduled remarks followed reports by local media that another 35 Egyptians have been kidnapped in areas of Libya controlled by local Islamist militants and ISIS.
The abductions of the Egyptians came after Egypt exacted its revenge on Islamic State militants today with air strikes which a military chief claims killed at least 50 people.
Pope Francis has today expressed ‘profound sadness’ at hearing of the brutal murders of the 21 Christian Egyptians.
‘Today I read about the execution of those twenty-one or twenty-two Coptic Christians,’ the Pope said in his native Spanish according to Breitbart. ‘Their only words were: “Jesus, help me!”